You may be feeling agitated and anxious these days.
And that can have far-reaching impact, including in your own bedroom.
With today’s economic woes and widespread company layoffs, who isn’t concerned? Your job — or a loved one’s — could be at risk.
And your occasional feelings of anxiety about forces outside your control can have an effect on your overall health.
In particular, your endurance and stamina can suffer. Feeling run-down can impact how well you do on your job… at the gym… as well as in your own bedroom.
A healthy sexual relationship is one way to help offset your anxiousness and calm your nerves. But, to have this healthy relationship, you need a high energy level… plus, you need a certain amount of endurance and stamina to fully benefit.
So, this can be a pretty frustrating cycle for you.
But don’t despair. I believe there are healthy solutions available that both give you the energy boost you need to enjoy a healthy sexual relationship… and help you with your occasional anxiety at the same time.
To start with, I would recommend you seriously consider implementing an exercise routine – or expand on the one you already have in place.
Get Off the Couch and Exercise Your Way to Feeling Better
If you’re not exercising on a regular basis, you’re missing out on one of the best ways to boost your energy and help offset your anxiety.
Your key to obtaining the benefits of exercise is to find a program and stick to it. Here is a quick guide you can use when starting or expanding on your current routine:
- Listen to your body – It’s important to pay attention to your body when exercising. Even though your body needs exercise to improve, you could make things worse if you violate your current limitations. So, you may have to start with as little as a few minutes a day and work your way up from there.
- Be consistent – Find a program that works best for you and stick with it on a regular basis. Whether it’s 30 minutes a day or more, consistency is key.
- Start with walking if you’re out of shape – If you’re starting out in poor shape, slow-paced walking will produce benefits. But if you are starting out in better condition, you will need to walk faster and/or farther to get the best results.
- Increase your intensity regularly – Ideally, you should exercise at an intensity level that makes it somewhat difficult to talk to the person next to you. If this is not the case, increase your intensity as your fitness level improves.
- Perform anaerobic training – There is new scientific evidence demonstrating the benefits of interval-type training. I recommend you consider incorporating a comprehensive program that includes short bursts of activity at very high intensity based on your specific fitness level.
- Try running, swimming, or cycling – Running is a very inexpensive means of exercise. Just make sure you replace your running shoes about every 6 months. If you swim, avoid chlorinated pools. And as far as cycling, learn vital safety measures before riding.
- Consider using an elliptical machine – Don’t let occasional bad weather put a damper on your exercise routine. Have a back up plan that includes my favorite, an elliptical machine, when forced indoors.
- Incorporate strength training – Rounding out your exercise program with a muscle-exhausting strength training routine will ensure you're really optimizing the possible health benefits of a regular exercise program.
- Stick with it! – Whether you’re just starting out or are looking to take your routine to another level, sticking to your plan is key to success.
So, getting into a daily exercise routine is the first place you should start to boost your energy and stamina, help minimize your occasional anxiety, and enhance your overall health.
How EFT Can Help You During Stressful Times
Up to this point, I’ve focused on the physical side of how to improve your health through the use of exercise. And of course, physical exercise enhances your emotional health as well.
In addition, there’s a technique I’ve recommended for some time to further help you with the emotional side. It’s called Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT).
EFT is a whole subject in itself and requires much more attention than I can provide here. If interested, you can check my site for more details.
I’ve used EFT routinely in my practice and I highly recommend it for your optimal emotional health – combined with a consistent exercise routine.
In these stressful times, EFT provides excellent techniques to help YOU:
- Remove negative emotions – Including anxiety and stress
- Implement positive goals – Move forward with your life
- Overcome emotional barriers – Relax and focus
- Reduce food cravings – Avoid overeating and processed foods
- Reduce occasional body discomfort – Helps keep you positive
So, exercising and EFT can help you through times of occasional anxiety. But sometimes, you might even need something more.
Obviously, your diet is very important to your overall health. And I’ve been a strong advocate on how you can focus on eating wholesome, organic unprocessed foods. This all works in unison with exercising and enhancing your emotional health.
To complement your healthy diet, boost your energy, and to further help offset any occasional anxiety, I recommend you also consider an adaptogenic herb.
So, what’s an adaptogenic herb?
How Scientists Discovered that Adaptogens Help Boost Your Energy and Enhance Your Longevity*
Adaptogens are agents that help your body resist occasional stress, anxious feelings, and fatigue.* And because they’re herbs, they work on your entire body… not just a single area.*
Even though the concept of adaptogens dates back thousands of years, modern research didn’t begin until the late 1940s.
Following World War II, Soviet scientists set out to determine why Siberians lived healthy and long lives – many living beyond 100 years.
Over a period of 45 years, 1200 research scientists conducted over 3,000 studies involving more than 500,000 people. This led to the discovery of adaptogens… a phrase coined by Dr. Nicolai Lazarev.
Together with Dr. Lazarev, Professor Israel Brekhman researched and helped show that a new class of plant compounds could help people neutralize stress and live healthier lives.*
Professor Brekhman created the following guidelines for an herb to be considered an adaptogen. The substance must…
- Be entirely non-toxic
- Have a "non-specific" activity, increasing the resistance of your entire body rather than any specific organ*
- Work to help your entire system gain balance, also called homeostasis*
The Soviet scientists also felt adaptogens improved the functioning of the entire person by:
- Boosting your energy level and helping enhance longevity*
- Promoting good reproductive system health*
- Supporting your brain and other essential organs*
- Promoting your healthy digestive system*
- Helping enhance your skeletal and muscular systems*
So, with all this in mind, it appears an adaptogenic herb fits the bill for what you need to help calm your nerves and provide you an energy boost.
However, there are many herbs to choose from. How do you know which ones are best?
How Herbs Form the Very Heart of This Ancient Holistic Practice
India is the home of Ayurveda, recognized as an authoritative source of knowledge and truth in natural health promotion. And herbs and spices form the very heart of Ayurvedic practice.
So, it only makes sense to consider herbs cultivated in India if you want to benefit from the ancient Ayurvedic holistic practices.
And that’s why I traveled over 15,000 miles to India – to find a high-quality source of these herbs.
While in India, I found an herb called ashwagandha.
Ashwagandha is a small evergreen perennial herb that grows up to 1.5 meters (almost 5 feet) tall. Common names used for ashwagandha include: Winter Cherry, Withania somnifera (latin botanical name), and Indian Ginseng to name a few.
Regardless of the name you use to describe this adaptogenic herb, it delivers potential benefits to you by…
- Boosting your endurance, stamina, and sexual energy*
- Helping you enhance your resistance to occasional stress*
- Assisting you in refreshing both your mind and body*
- Helping calm and soothe your nervous system*
- Aiding you in falling asleep naturally*
Another interesting factor that separates ashwagandha from some other adaptogens is how it affects you.
While some adaptogens are stimulants in disguise, this is not the case with ashwagandha. It can give your morning exercise routine a boost.* Or, when taken prior to bed, it can help you get a good night’s sleep as well.*
So now here’s an herb that will help to calm and relax you – plus, give you the energy level you need as well.*
How Ayurvedic Practice Takes a 'Whole' Person Approach
Now, my primary focus in making health recommendations is to address the cause – and also to customize and individualize my approach for you. It is rare when a ‘cookie cutter’ approach works for everyone.
And that’s one of the reasons I’ve become so impressed with the ancient, holistic Ayurvedic approach.
This 5000-year-old healthcare practice promotes whole herbs as one of its tools to help you achieve healthy living — and restore balance to your life.
Specially selected herbs and spices help your body uniquely adapt to the precise stressors you are exposed to.*
That’s why I continue to research them to provide you high-quality herbs and supplements to complement your diet.
And according to traditional Ayurvedic use, ashwagandha may deliver whole person actions for you in the following ways:
Why Very Careful Selection Is Your Key to Finding the Highest Quality Herbs and Spices
By now you should understand why finding a source of ashwagandha based on Ayurvedic practice is an excellent strategy.
But there are many producers of the herb in India. How do you know how to select the best source?
Now, one of the main purposes for my Indian research trip was to find high-quality sources of Ayurvedic herbs. And while there, I witnessed firsthand how the Ayurvedic holistic practice and organic processes work in unison.
See, it’s important for you to be very selective with the herbs and spices you use – and that certainly applies to ashwagandha.
Most people aren’t aware that you can start with an excellent high-quality properly grown herb, but if it is not harvested at the correct time and then optimally processed a great deal of the herbal potency can be lost.
So total organic processing is the key – from soil management… to cultivation… to harvesting… to production and packaging. If you use any herb produced from non-organic means, you could miss out on the herb’s healthful active ingredients.
And that’s why I do not recommend you pick up any ashwagandha (or any herb) from your local grocery store.
I’ve seen far too many herbs containing artificial ingredients and ones that use questionable chemical processes. You’re better off not taking the herb at all if this is the case.
Ensure Your Herbal Formula Comes from a Certified Organic Producer Committed to Quality Processes
The key to delivering an organic-based ashwagandha herbal formula (or any herbal formula, for that matter) starts with the manufacturer’s commitment to quality and excellence.
In fact, I believe that without these quality processes in place, it really doesn’t matter what organic herbs are harvested. You simply won’t end up with a top-notch consistent organic formula. And in turn, you won’t receive the maximum potential value of the herb.
So, it’s important for you to highly scrutinize and research the manufacturer’s credentials.
And you may not be able to stop with the manufacturer alone. Keep in mind, the total organic process involves planting, cultivation, selective harvesting, and then producing and packaging the final formula.
Here’s the type of certifications I recommend you look for:
- Hazards and Critical Control Points (HACCP) – International food safety certification that World Health Organization (WHO) standards are met
- Safe Quality Food (SQF) – HACCP-based food safety and risk management system covering the identification of food safety, quality risks, and the validation and monitoring of control measures
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) – International certification verifies all required practices necessary for an effective food safety program are followed
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2000 – International standard for quality, safety, ecology, economy, reliability, compatibility, inter-operability, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Orthodox Union (OU) Kosher – Certifies compliance for Kosher observers and followers
- International organic certifications such as: USDA, EU, and NSOP (India)
Follow These Selection Guidelines When Looking for a High-Quality Herbal Formula
Along with finding a certified organic producer of ashwagandha, there are other important guidelines I recommend you follow when sourcing the herb.
- Contains only 100% certified organic ingredients – Contains only organic ashwagandha root.
- Uses only vegetable capsules in supplement form – Avoid gelatin capsules made from animal by-products and parts. Also, don’t rely on your typical low-quality and unpredictable local grocery store herb.
- Comes free from fillers, additives, and excipients – Excipients are potentially toxic substances added to supplements as processing or stability aids. You don’t need any of these risky so-called “other ingredients” in your herbal formula.
- Must be produced by a certified organic manufacturer steeped in traditional Ayurvedic practice in unison with high-quality organic and safe production processes – Plus, the manufacturer…
- Applies the whole herb in the organic processes – Never attempts to extract a specific chemical for purported higher potency. This would potentially render the “whole” person benefits less affective.
- Selectively makes use of live organic herbs – Organic processing filters out any dead herbs.
- Uses organic fertile soil – Avoids using harmful chemicals during the growing, drying, and production processes.
More Ways This Herb Can Give Your Life and Health a Boost*
Just as with other herbs I studied, I continue to be amazed at how they enhance your overall health… your “whole” person.*
And just to show you how that’s true with ashwagandha, here are additional ways this ancient herb potentially provides you “whole” health advantages:
- Provides you antioxidants for free radical protection*
- Promotes your healthy immune system*
- Helps you support healthful levels of total lipids, cholesterol, and triglycerides already in the normal range*
- Aids you against an occasional joint discomfort*
- Helps promote your healthy liver and kidney functions*
- Assists your stomach with added protection against occasional stress*
- Boosts your system against the normal signs of aging*
So, you see even more why I believe ashwagandha helps promote your entire health – and is not just focused on a single area.*
Why One Indian Company’s Quality Commitment Is a Win-Win Scenario for You… and the Farmers
As you already learned, the key to delivering a high-quality, organic-based herbal formula begins with the manufacturer’s commitment to quality and excellence.
In fact, that’s one of the primary reasons why a company in India called Organic India evolved.
Many Ayurvedic practitioners in India simply could not find high-quality commercial Ayurvedic herbs. The ones on the market were of very poor quality.
If the practitioners wanted herbs that worked, they had to grow them themselves.
And for years, many farmers were unable to cultivate their land. Why? Because they shifted from ancient, traditional practices to ones the chemical industries manipulated them into using, including the use of pesticides.
As a result, one of the top causes of death for Indian farmers was suicide
And many times the method the farmers used to end their lives was to swallow the very pesticides they used to grow their crops.
So, Organic India formed for two primary reasons…
- To supply Ayurvedic practitioners with high-quality beneficial herbs
- To help the local Indian farmers who were devastated by the chemical companies.
Many of Organic India’s impressive quality processes I witnessed firsthand during my research trip to India.
So, with my herbal research and my trip to India, there’s only one ashwagandha supplement I recommend. Organic India produces the herbal formula I feel is one of the best called Ashwagandha.
And I believe Organic India produces the highest quality organic products – including the Ashwagandha formula – by:
- Helping preserve and enrich the environment
- Adhering to and setting new standards of certification
- Committing to holistic quality and environmentally responsible business practices
- Educating and certifying organic growers and farmers
- Respecting and honoring the organic farmers
Plus, in addition to satisfying all the rigorous selection guidelines for ashwagandha, Organic India is among the few herbal companies in India to receive the following certifications:
- SQF – Safe Quality Food (certified by SGS India Pvt. Ltd.)
- HACCP – Hazards and Critical Control Points (by SGS)
- GMP – Good Manufacturing Practices (by SGS)
- ISO 9001:2000 – International standard for quality and safety
- OU Kosher – Certifies compliance for Kosher observers and followers
- Organic certifications from: Skal International, Ecocert International, USDA, EU, and NSOP (India)
So, Organic India’s adherence to rigorous organic cultivation and high-quality processing provides a win-win scenario for you and the Indian farmers.
Why This 'Whole' Body Herb Is Gentle Enough for Nearly Everyone
At this point you may be wondering…
How safe is ashwagandha? Are there any concerning side effects?
I think it is important for you to know that this is the only herbal product I take every day, and have been for about the last year.
Since nature designed ashwagandha to help enhance the health of your “whole” body, it is a gentle nourishing herb.
And by Organic India’s use of vegetable capsules… whole, live herbs… and 100% certified organic ingredients, the Ashwagandha formula provides healthful benefits for nearly everyone.*
To date, studies show no evidence of concerning side effects from this natural herb.
However, as is the case with taking any supplement while you’re pregnant or breastfeeding or taking medication, you should always consult with your healthcare professional prior to use.
Ashwagandha’s focus on enhancing the whole person promotes gentle, overall effects on your body.*
So, if you’re looking for a way to help you deal with today’s stressful times, and for an energy boost at the same time…*
I would recommend you seriously consider the Ashwagandha.
Why Not Make This Herbal Endurance Enhancer Part of Your Regular Healthy Food Budget?*
I really don’t want you to miss out on this extraordinary supplement – an adaptogenic herbal formula that can help give you an added boost during stressful times.*
Order today to start getting the helpful energy boost and enhanced stamina you need during these stressful times.*
How NBA Players Got a Boost from Ashwagandha*
When I hired on in 2000 as Director of Player Development for the New Jersey Nets, the team’s health level was less-than-optimal compared to the rest of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
My job included working with the Nets’ trainers and strength coach to institute a nutritional program to help the team. With an 82 game NBA season, players with less-than-optimal health was inevitable.
Plus, many folks don’t realize that players are under pressure both on and off the court… of course there is occasional stress to perform.
Part of my nutrition plan included players taking ashwagandha before and after every game, and after every practice.
I believe ashwagandha offers immune-building support, enhanced endurance and stamina, and the energy needed to build up the mental toughness to cope with a full NBA season.*
Well, the Nets finished the season as the third healthiest team in the NBA that year.*