You may already know I place a strong emphasis on eating as much unprocessed, organically grown food as possible for optimal health.
One frequently overlooked way to enhance and optimize health with organically grown food is the use of herbs and spices – unprocessed and organic, of course.
One amazing benefit of these herbs is that they’re very low in calories, while being dense in vitamins and minerals.
In the same vein, they’re thermogenic, meaning they naturally support your metabolism to help you burn calories.* You feel satisfied more easily, so you eat less.* Studies show that consuming certain herbs and spices before each meal can potentially reduce your caloric intake.*
Due to their nutrient-dense status, they promote your overall well-being with antioxidants more potent than many fruits and veggies.*
Herbs and spices promote health and well-being in your entire body, not just in a particular area.
This "whole person" approach is why I believe these spices and herbs can benefit you so greatly.
But I consider one particular spice the “granddaddy” of them all, because its benefits are so amazing and far-reaching.
Don't Waste Your Time and Health with Synthetically Processed Herbs and Spices
Just as it's important to select and consume wholesome, unprocessed organic foods, you should do the same with herbs and spices.
Avoid breezing down the spice aisle of your local grocery store to pick up any old herb or spice.
It is important to be very selective.
If the herb or spice you're looking for is processed or not organically grown, you risk missing out on their most potent active ingredients, which provide you with optimal benefits.
If the herb or spice isn't cultivated, harvested, produced, and packaged using certified organic processes, you could be robbed of its healthful active ingredients.
In fact, I recommend you totally avoid herbs and spices that aren't 100% certified organic. Why waste your time -- and risk potential health consequences from artificial ingredients and questionable chemical processes?
India is the home of Ayurveda, recognized as an authoritative source of knowledge and truth in natural health promotion -- with herbs and spices lying at the very heart of Ayurvedic practice. So it would make perfect sense to consider using herbs that were grown in India if you are considering Ayurvedic herbs
How This Ancient Spice Originated Thousands of Years Ago
That's one of the reasons I traveled over 15,000 miles to India last year -- to find a high-quality source of these herbs. During my trip to India, I witnessed firsthand how the Ayurvedic holistic approach and organic processes work in unison.
And of the many herbs and spices I studied, the one in particular that caught my immediate attention was turmeric. It provides you with these whole-person benefits:
- Supports your healthy joint function*
- Promotes your radiant skin*
- Helps improve your digestion*
And so much more...
There's some debate about the timing of turmeric's first use as a healthy spice.
But one thing is certain. Thousands of years ago, people in India and China used the spice. In fact, some stories suggest usage dates back 10,000 years in India when they say Lord Rama walked the earth.
And the ancient Polynesians carried turmeric with them on their incredible voyage across the Pacific Ocean to Hawaii. Today, Hawaiians still use this spice -- known to them as Olena.
While in China, Marco Polo in 1280 AD recorded information on turmeric in his diary:
"There is also a vegetable which has all the properties of true saffron, as well the smell and the color, and yet it is not really saffron."
So, turmeric has been used as a substitute for saffron (an old world spice) in Europe for over 700 years.
One of the main healthful ingredients in turmeric is curcumin (a curcuminoid), which as I said, gives turmeric its yellow color.
Western scientists first isolated the curcumin molecule in 1815, obtained its crystalline form in 1870, and determined its overall structure in 1910.
Curcumin can potentially benefit you by:
- Promoting your immune system*
- Helping you maintain your healthy digestive system*
- Supporting your healthy bones, joints, and overall skeletal system*
- Helping you maintain cholesterol levels that are already within the normal range*
- Promoting your healthy blood and liver functions*
How Turmeric and Curcumin Provide Antioxidant Nutrients*
You probably know that antioxidants are important for your health.
I believe antioxidants are your body's #1 way to neutralize free radicals and help you potentially slow down the signs of normal aging.*
Oxidation by free radicals can damage cells and organs -- and thus impact your aging process* -- something I’m sure you’d rather put the brakes on.
Antioxidants are also key nutrients in:
- Supporting your memory function*
- Promoting your heart health*
- Supporting your immune system*
Turmeric's antioxidants help protect your cells from free radical damage.*
The antioxidant content within turmeric comes from active compounds called curcuminoids.
These curcuminoids deliver antioxidants that may be:
- 3 times more powerful than grape seed or pine bark extract
- Strong enough to scavenge the hydroxyl radical -- considered by many to be the most reactive of all oxidants*
How Turmeric Enhances Your Outer Beauty*
Speaking of antioxidant nutrients and their potential to impact the aging process, some of the first aging signs you may see as you get older are changes to your skin.
Believe it or not, the organic ingredients found in turmeric can help promote your healthy skin.*
How, you ask?
Curcuminoids support important blood and liver functions, healthy joints, and your overall well-being,* which in turn helps promote radiant, supple skin.*
Turmeric has been considered to be ‘skin food' for thousands of years in India and other cultures.*
- Cleanse your skin and maintain its elasticity*
- Provide nourishment to your skin*
- Balance the effects of skin flora*
So, turmeric can act as your one-two punch against normal aging with its skin promotion and antioxidant capabilities -- outer beauty plus inner purity.*
Your Triple-Action Cellular Booster and Adaptogen*
Another potential advantage from turmeric usage involves the smallest living things within you -- your cells.
Turmeric can assist your cells in three ways, by:
- Helping neutralize substances that can cause cellular stress*
- Maintaining your cells' integrity when threatened by occasional environmental stressors*
- Providing the antioxidants you need to help support your cells against excessive oxidation and free radicals*
Turmeric is also recognized as an adaptogen -- helping to support your body against stress and providing immune system support.*
How This Ancient Spice Has Become Embedded in India's Ayurvedic Practice
Turmeric, like other herbs and spices, is a principle herb in Ayurveda -- India's ancient holistic health system. Ayurveda means "knowledge of life" -- with herbs lying at the very heart of Ayurvedic practice.
Turmeric has multiple uses within Ayurveda, including blood cleansing and maintaining healthy skin.*
In Ayurvedic terminology, turmeric includes the following:
- Verdana sthapana -- promotes your healthy nervous system and helps you with occasional discomfort*
- Sangrahani -- supports your absorption of vitamins and minerals*
- Anulomana -- helps you in purging out wastes and building healthy blood*
- Rakta stambhaka -- promotes the wellness of your circulatory system*
And this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Ayurvedic turmeric uses.
What does this mean to you?
Simply, turmeric has been used in Indian culture for thousands of years for a multitude of health-promoting reasons.* An estimated 500 million Indians still use the spice today.
What Are Your Best Sources for Turmeric?
So by now, you might be wondering about potential sources of turmeric.
Well, you may already know you can find it in the spice aisle of your local grocery store. But as mentioned earlier, I don't recommend using your local grocery store, due to the quality of their herbs and spices.
Even though there may be some good spices available there, it's very difficult to verify their purity and potency.
Also, the turmeric powder you buy in your store is a spice. It doesn't necessarily come from high-quality organic herbs -- and is not produced using certified organic processes, causing you to risk missing its healthful benefits.
What's more... with store-bought turmeric powder, you'll probably just use it once in a while to cook with -- not on a daily basis to consistently take advantage of the benefits it offers.
So, what other options do you have?
I recommend searching for a high-quality, 100% organic-based turmeric supplement.
But there are some things you should watch for when choosing a turmeric supplement.
Avoid Unnecessary Fillers, Additives, and Excipients
When I did my own research on available turmeric supplements, I found a surprising array of choices.
Besides, curcumin and curcuminoid ingredients, I found products with questionable ingredients like fillers, additives, and excipients. An excipient is a substance added to the supplement as a processing or stability aid.
One ingredient, magnesium stearate (also known as stearic acid), is a potentially toxic metal additive from pill production.
Another ingredient I found in many turmeric supplements, Dibasic Calcium Phosphate (DCP), may even inhibit the absorption of essential minerals within your system.
There are others you may find as well, but the bottom line is... you don't want or need these ingredients in your turmeric supplement. Some pose potential health risks -- and all are unnecessary.
Make Sure Your Herbal Supplement Comes from a Certified Organic Producer Committed to Quality Processes
The key to delivering an organic-based turmeric supplement rests in the manufacturer's commitment to quality and excellence.
In fact, I believe that without these quality processes in place, it really doesn't matter what organic herbs are harvested. You simply won't end up with a top-notch consistent organic formula. In turn, you won't receive the maximum potential value of the herb.
So, it's important to highly scrutinize and research the manufacturer's credentials.
In fact, you may not be able to stop with the manufacturer alone. Keep in mind, the total organic process involves planting, cultivation, selective harvesting, and then producing and packaging the final formula.
Here's the type of certifications I recommend you look for:
- Hazards and Critical Control Points (HACCP) -- International food safety certification that World Health Organization (WHO) standards are met
- Safe Quality Food (SQF) -- HACCP-based food safety and risk management system covering the identification of food safety, quality risks, and the validation and monitoring of control measures
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) -- International certification verifies all required practices necessary for an effective food safety program are followed
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2000 -- International standard for quality, safety, ecology, economy, reliability, compatibility, inter-operability, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Orthodox Union (OU) Kosher -- Certifies compliance for Kosher observers and followers
- International organic certifications such as: USDA, EU, and NSOP (India)
Use This Checklist to Find Your Highest Quality Turmeric
To take advantage of all the great benefits turmeric has to offer you, I created a checklist on what you should look for in a turmeric supplement.
Whatever you do, don't settle for second best.
Here's my checklist to help you find the best turmeric source:
- Contains only 100% certified organic ingredients -- Turmeric extract with at least 95% curcuminoids
- Comes in supplement form -- Don't rely on your typically low-quality and unpredictable local grocery store spice. Additionally when you heat the spice during cooking many of the beneficial properties are lost.
- Avoids fillers, additives, and excipients -- No need for questionable "other ingredients" in the formula
- Provides a vegetable capsule -- Avoid gelatin-based capsules whenever possible
- Is produced by a certified organic manufacturer with high-quality organic and safe production practices -- Don't settle for second best here!
13 Ways This Ancient Herb Can Help You Spice Up Your Life (and Your Health*)
Let me summarize thirteen ways this 100% certified organic-based Turmeric can spice up your whole person:
- Supports your antioxidant protection against free radicals*
- Helps promote your healthy skin*
- Supports your overall eye health*
- Provides you immune system support*
- Aids your skeletal system and joint health*
- Encourages your healthy liver function*
- Helps you maintain healthy cells with support against free radicals*
- Balances the health of your digestive system*
- Aids you in support of healthy blood and your circulatory system*
- Helps you maintain normal cholesterol levels to support your cardiovascular system*
- Assists your neurological system's healthy response to stress*
- Promotes a healthy female reproductive system*
- Helps you maintain blood sugar levels already within the normal range*
Millions of people use turmeric on a daily basis in their lives today. In India alone, up to 500 million people use it in one form or another every day.
Isn't it time you gave your body what it deserves?
My Recommendation for a Turmeric Supplement
My time researching and studying herbs and spices here in India convinced me there's only one turmeric supplement I can recommend -- my USDA Certified Organic Turmeric.
Let me explain why I consider this a bonus.
During my travels to India, I witnessed firsthand many of Organic India's cultivation and production processes. And to say "I was impressed" doesn't do them justice.
Organic India goes far beyond producing the highest quality organic turmeric by:
- Helping preserve and enrich the environment -- As a result, this manufacturer received exclusive rights to harvest certified organic crops from central and northern India.
- Adhering to and setting new standards of certification -- As the manufacturer of the Turmeric, Organic India seriously commits to follow the highest quality standards for producing organic products.
- Committing to holistic quality and environmentally responsible business practices -- From preservation of seed and enrichment of soil... through cultivation, harvesting, manufacturing, and packaging, all phases of the production cycle reflect the quality commitment.
- Educating and certifying organic growers and farmers -- Organic farmers receive training and education in all aspects of sustainable organic farming methods. A 3rd party international agency certifies farmers as "certified organic."
- Respecting and honoring the organic farmers -- By honoring the well-being and dignity of local farmers, a win-win scenario continues to evolve for everyone involved.
Organic India is among the few herbal companies in India to receive the following certifications:
- SQF -- Safe Quality Food (certified by SGS India Pvt. Lmt.)
- HACCP -- Hazards and Critical Control Points (by SGS)
- GMP -- Good Manufacturing Practices (by SGS)
- ISO 9001:2000 -- International standard for quality and safety
- OU Kosher -- Certifies compliance for Kosher observers and followers
- Organic certifications from: Skal International, Ecocert International, USDA, EU, and NSOP (India)
So, not only is the Turmeric formula of the highest quality, the producer is totally committed to protecting the environment and the organic farmers.
I think you'll agree this is a win-win scenario for all.
Try This 100% Certified Organic-based Herbal Supplement Risk-Free
So, don't you think it makes sense for you to try the Turmeric? I believe you'll agree it's certainly an impressive formula.
Order this supplement now and you'll get my 100% lifetime guarantee.
I'm so convinced this is a great product to help you enhance your overall health* -- you can try it risk-free.
That's right -- I'll take all the risk on this one.
If for any reason you're not satisfied (and I know you will be satisfied), you can return the product for a full refund (minus shipping).
Now that's confidence in a great product -- Turmeric.
But I'm not quite finished yet. I priced this product at only $17.47. So, you won't break the bank to take advantage of the benefits of turmeric and curcumin.
Order today to benefit from this Organic India breakthrough that supports the 'whole you', and makes your cells act like well-behaved children.*